Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here are the photos!


All ready to go!

Tracy at the starting line

Off they go!

Waiting at exchange 1

Tirza just waiting her turn

Don't mess with Jamie

Here I come!

Finally finished with my first, very hot leg

And there goes Jamie on her first, also very hot leg

We're having fun, right?

Shade!

chillin

Tirza was the fastest one of all

Passing the baton (bright orange slap bracelet) to Ruthann

I can't believe how HOT it is!

Enjoying the scenery

Ruthann just around the corner from her first finish line

Looking strong!

Just hanging on the fence

Brea actually got to run in the shade - I was so jealous

Exchange 6 where we finally got to pass the baton to the other van
And here comes Brea!
Just about there!
Here is my second finish line (I'm the one in the back, in case you can't tell...)
The next morning, here is Tracy plugging away at her third and final leg
In the zone
All done!
Passing someone for my first time (she passed me just before the finish line too)!
Enjoying the morning!
When did it get so HOT?!
Kicking it in
It feels so good to be done
Jamie just pluggin away
Passing the baton...again (27th exchange...that's a lot of exchanges)
Jamie's victory pose
Tirza demolishing that hill
Did I mention Tirza was FAST?
Tirza's final descent
And now she is done too!
Enjoying Jordanelle
With Brea, too
And the whole gang (except for Ruthann, who was running)
See, I told you Ruthann was running
She really hauled down that hill!
Brining in the strong finish
Another exchange
Hooray for being done!
Brea still has a mile and a half to go...and no shade
Rounding the last corner
Most beautiful kick EVER
And the WHOLE THING is finished! All 36 legs, 180 miles, and 28 hours 37 minutes and 12 seconds
Results - 282nd out of 545 finishing teams. We beat a lot of teams that were made of all guys. 22nd out of 57 teams in the Women's Open category!

No comments: